About First With Iain, first aid training for the South West
First With Iain is the brainchild of Iain Galston, a fully qualified first aid instructor and trainer with years of experience. Frustrated with the lack of first aid courses available to individuals, and with virtually no weekend first aid courses available for those who couldn’t afford to time off work, Iain decided to set up and run his own local courses.
With a background that covers training and assessment from detailed technical knowledge through to complex skills, Iain is an experienced and qualified First Aid Instructor based right here in North Devon.
Iain is an experienced first aider having administered First Aid from minor injuries to traumatic amputation in a variety of situations in both hostile and non-hostile environments along with directing other First Aiders in situations of multiple casualties. Iain also volunteers as a Community First Responder, for South West Ambulance Service, attending medical emergencies including Cardiac Arrests, and breathing difficulties.
Weekend and evening first aid courses
First With Iain offer first aid training for groups of three or more people. We can supply training during the week or over the weekends (about 30% of our courses are held over weekends or during the evenings).
Call us to discuss your requirements, or book a place on a first aid course in Devon online now.
Professional, accessible first aid courses in North Devon
We are based in Bideford near Barnstaple, North Devon, and regularly offer our first aid courses in our training room.
You can join one of our public first aid courses in Bideford, or we can travel to your venue or business in Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Avon and part of Wiltshire. Alternatively we will arrange a venue to conduct your training anywhere in the South West - just call us for details.
- All training is to current Resuscitation Council (UK) Guidelines
- We follow accepted best practice for First Aid
- Each course can be tailored to fully meet your needs
- First aid book and resuscitation face shield included on all courses
More about Iain Galston, your first aid instructor
Iain holds major qualifications in first aid instruction, including:
- Certificate of Teaching in The Lifelong Learning Sector
- Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care.
- Remote Emergency Care Instructor
- Rescue Emergency Care Instructor
- First Aid Instructor and Assessor.
- Automated External Defibrillator Instructor.
- Paediatric First Aid Instructor and Assessor.
- Medical Gases Instructor.
- IHCD First Person on Scene (Intermediate)
- Level 3 Surf Kayak Coach.
- Level 3 Inland Kayak Coach.
More about Lesley Galston
Lesley is an RGN with vast experience of over 20 years in the medical profession. This includes the specialist Cardio Thoracic field. She has also a vast and current experience in trauma management. Lesley is generally your first point of contact as she covers all enquiries, quotations and invoicing.
Please feel free to contact us via our contact page and we will answer your query and your training needs.